Saturday, January 7, 2012

30 Day Book Challenge- Day 4



I did say I would have another one up in a couple of days... and here it is!

Day 4: Book That Makes You Cry. 



This is a book that is written by my favourite author, John Marsden. It is the first book in the Ellie Chronicles which is a continuation on the end of the Tomorrow Series. It is set after the events of the Tomorrow Series as the country is piecing itself back together. I chose this book out of several I could have chosen from for this category because the first time I read it, and many times since it has made me cry within the first few pages with deaths occurring that set the tone for the series and greatly affect the mental state of the main character. John Marsden is not an author to pull punches to appease his readers and I think that for this reason he is such a successful and loved author for young adults around the world. I only hope that between his other endeavours that he has in his life that he continues to write and produce these fantastic stories for younger people.

If you haven't read the Tomorrow Series or any other John Marsden books I suggest you do. Fantastic reads no matter your age.

~~~

That is all for today. More again tomorrow... or in a few days. You never know with these things and it is the weekend after all.

~~Random Logic~~

No comments:

Post a Comment